Check your category
Immigration requirements for the UK are determined by your nationality and whether you are:
- an EU/EEA/Swiss national or
- a Non EU/EEA/Swiss national
Advice for EU/EEA/Swiss Nationals
If your passport is issued by a country in the European Economic Area (EEA) or Switzerland you do not need a visa and can enter the UK freely.
This includes dual nationals (people with two or more nationalities) who use their EEA/Swiss passport to enter the UK. EEA/Swiss family members can also join you.
Further information is available on the UK Council for International Student Affairs (UKCISA) website:
Advice for Non-EU/EEA/Swiss nationals
You can apply for a Tier 4 (General) student visa to study in the UK if you’re 16 or over and you:
- have been offered a place on a course
- can speak, read, write and understand English
- have enough money to support yourself and pay for your course - the amount will vary depending on your circumstances
- meet the other eligibility requirements
My country is on the list
You are a visa national:
You must obtain your visa before you leave your home country.
My country is not on the list
You are a non-visa national:
If you intend to travel to the UK to enrol on a course which lasts 6 months or more, you must get a Tier 4 (General) student visa beforeyou leave your home country.
Contact City College Oxford if you require further information and support with your visa application. [Insert hyperlink]