We are looking forward to welcoming you at our School. Here is some useful information which will help you prepare for your stay and enjoy your time at the School, in Oxford and the UK.
HOW TO GET TO OXFORD
Oxford is located not far from London airports. There is a train service from London Paddington to Oxford that takes about 60 minutes, and a new train service from London Marylebone to Oxford Parkway.
There are also two bus companies that operate regular services from various stops in London; this journey takes about 100 minutes. You can buy tickets on their websites or at the bus or train station. For Oxford Tube and Oxford Bus you can buy tickets from the driver. Bus drivers can accept cash, contactless or online payments. For prices and more information please look at the information at the end of this Information Sheet.
Letters and documents
At times you may need a letter or document for example to open a bank account or to prove that you are a student in order to get discount at a gym.
We offer the following documents:
Attendance letter – you may need this letter to show that you have been attending your lessons regularly
Bank letter – this is to help you open a bank account
Progress report – this is a report made by your teacher on your progress
Council tax letter – this letter is for students who have booked a course for 14 weeks or more Certificate of Enrolment – you may need this if you need a NI number or to open a library membership. Once you have made a request we will ensure that they are ready for you within two working days. They are kept in reception and the reception staff will show you where they are located and where to collect them.
YOUR FIRST DAY
Our College is located.
Please arrive at the School on your first day at 9.00am.
- Someone will come to meet you in the reception area to take you to a
- You will take a short written assessment test so that we can check your level of English and place you in a class with students of the same level. If you have a certificate of completion of an English course at any level, please bring it with you.
- You will receive a Student induction Pack.
- We will then introduce you to your teacher and you will start you
Please do not forget to travel with your City College Oxford Course Confirmation Letter. You may need this when entering the UK. If you are visiting the UK on a student visa, you must attend your lessons. If you stop attending lessons, the School will have to inform the Home Office, which might result in losing your visa and having to leave the country.
The safety of our students, staff, and colleagues remains our highest priority. We have taken measures to ensure that our school minimises the risk of spreading the virus and that we comply with Public Health England and UK Government regulations against Covid-19. We have also been certified as “Good to Go” by Visit England for meeting the necessary safety standards against Covid-19. Please find links below to pages about COVID-19.
- https://study.englishuk.com/covid-19-information/ -This information is provided by English
- https://www.gov.uk/guidance/red-amber-and-green-list-rules-for-entering-england – This information is provided by the UK
- https://study-uk.britishcouncil.org/moving-uk/coronavirus – This information is provided by the British
Buses from Stansted & Luton: www.nationalexpress.com