Update regarding COVID-19
Based on the latest government rulings in response to the COVID situation in the UK, we have safely re-opened our college. From Monday 28 June 2021 all classes will be available 100% face-to-face.
In order to ensure that everybody feels safe and comfortable, we will be doing the following:
- We will have all classes face-to-face whilst adhering to Government guidelines and regulations.
- Students who had their course interrupted in March 2020 are welcome to return to their studies in either centre.
- We observe social distancing and hygiene rules according to our COVID-19 risk assessment and current government guidelines.
- New arrivals who need to quarantine can join the lessons online.
- Any self-isolating students can join their classes online.
Our commitment to students’ health and safety
Before you travel to the UK, you will need to provide your journey and contact details. You cannot submit the form until 48 hours before you’re due to arrive in the UK. If you do not complete the form before you arrive in the UK, it might take you longer to enter the UK. You can find this document here: https://visas-immigration.service.gov.uk/public-health-passenger-locator-form
You will need to take a COVID-19 test before you travel to the United Kingdom, you must do this 72 hours or less before your departure time. You can see more information here: Coronavirus (COVID-19) testing before you travel to England - GOV.UK (www.gov.uk)
Please remember, you might need to self-isolate when you arrive in the United Kingdom, this depends on the countries that you travel through before you arrive in the United Kingdom. Please see the UK Government website for more information, here: Red, amber and green list rules for entering England - GOV.UK (www.gov.uk)
If you travel through a red list country, you will need to book a quarantine hotel before you arrive, for more information: Booking and staying in a quarantine hotel if you’ve been in a red list country - GOV.UK (www.gov.uk)
If you are travelling from an amber or green list country, you will need to book COVID-19 travel tests before you travel to the United Kingdom. You can find out more here: Red, amber and green list rules for entering England - GOV.UK (www.gov.uk)
- All new students will receive booking confirmation and an outline of the COVID-19 precautions we are taking.
- Our trusted partners can safely meet and greet students at the airport. All drivers will wear a facemask and they will have received COVID-19 health and safety training.
Cleaning and safe college
- We will provide health and safety training to all staff in relation to COVID-19.
- To maintain social distancing, we are limiting our class sizes, adjusting classroom seating, managing the flow of students in the centres, and staggering timetables and breaktimes.
- Posters are located throughout the centre to remind all persons to maintain social distancing and frequently wash hands.
- We will carry out increased cleaning during the day.
- We will take measures to ensure all accommodation is selected carefully to ensure student safety.
- Any trips and activities that may take place will be risk assessed for safety.
During school day
- We will take daily temperature checks of all students and staff as they enter each centre.
- Hand sanitiser gel will be freely available around the centres.
- All students will be expected to wear masks in communal spaces in the centres.
- All students will form class ’bubbles’ so they will be able to remove masks in the classroom during the lesson if they wish.
- All staff will be provided with masks and/or visors to be worn at all times.
- We will provide a health and safety briefing to all students in relation to COVID-19.
- Our Student Support Officers will monitor the wellbeing of our students and they know the medical practices that are within a short distance of each school.
Your classes are guaranteed
- If quarantine measures are in place on arrival, we will assist students to isolate safely in their accommodation and students can join their classes online during this time.
- If students display symptoms of COVID-19, we will assist students to isolate safely in their accommodation and students can join their classes online.