Student Zone

We are delighted you are planning coming to study with us at City College Oxford.

Below are all the information you need in order for you to have all what you need to come to the UK and start your course at City College Oxford 

Important checklist below to make sure you have everything prior to travel:

  • Passport containing the visa page
  • A copy of your offer letter
  • Your original certificates
  • The address of your accommodation
  • The address of our Academy*
  • A sufficient amount of money to cover your accommodation and personal expenses


The following websites have some very useful information for you, to help you organise your trip and yourself 


Information about visas can be found at and you will need to check to see if you need one before you travel.


You can request an airport transfer when applying to study with us, and prior to your arrival, as long as we are given at least 7 days’ notice. The prices shown below may change depending on your arrival time, any airport delays and your destination.

  • Heathrow airport to Oxford City Centre - £100
  • Gatwick airport to Oxford City Centre - £140
  • Luton airport to Oxford City Centre - £100
  • Stansted airport to Oxford City Centre - £140

Note: You can use coach from any of those airport to Oxford city


If you are a student you may be exempt from paying Council Tax. To count as a full-time student, your course must:

  • last at least 1 calendar or academic year
  • require you to undertake it for at least 24 weeks a year
  • involve at least 21 hours’ study, tuition or work experience per week.

If you study for a qualification up to A level and you are under 20, your course must:

  • last at least 3 months
  • involve at least 12 hours’ study per week


When you arrive to the school we will give you a letter to open a bank account.

You can take a letter which confirm your home address in the UK, you will also need your passport, visa* and travel documents.


When travelling to the UK, you need to make sure that you have the following documents:

  • A valid passport
  • A visa or UK-entry clearance (non-EU students)
  • Vaccination or medical certificates if required
  • Your letter of acceptance to study at City College Oxford 
  • Name, address and contact details of where you will be staying in the UK
  • Details of any transfers, travel documents and tickets

If you are under 18, you will need a signed letter from your parent or guardian that gives permission for you to travel.



Share This Page