OTHM Level 5 Diploma in Education and Training (RQF) / 120 credits
Qualification Number: 603/4247/X
The objective of the OTHM Level 5 Diploma in Education and Training qualification is intended to develop learners’ understanding of policy, management theory and practice in education. They provide learners with an opportunity to engage with the challenges facing professionals and policy makers in their own country. They will provide knowledge that underpins the ability to work as an effective manager in the education sector. They combine both theoretical and practical knowledge in the education profession and will develop and enhance knowledge and skills in the areas of leading change, effective performance, planning and accountability, development and team leadership. Learners will be able to work in a variety of roles within education administration and/or management.
OTHM qualifications at RQF Level 5 represent practical knowledge, skills, capabilities and competences that are assessed in academic terms as being equivalent to Foundation Degrees, Higher National Diploma (HND) and Year 2 of a three-year UK Bachelor’s degree.
The OTHM Level 5 Diploma in Education and Training qualification consists of 6 mandatory units for a combined total of 120 credits, 1200 hours Total Qualification Time (TQT) and 480 Guided Learning Hours (GLH) for the completed qualification.
- Qualification Title: OTHM Level 5 Diploma in Education and Training
- Ofqual Reference Number: 603/4247/x
- Course Start Date: January, April, June, September
- Total Credit Value: 120 credits
- Total Qualification Time (TQT): 1200 Hours
- Language of Assessment: English
- Overall Grading Type: Pass or Fail
- 6 to 9 month
- Full Time
- Block Delivery
- Flexible Distributed Learning
For entry onto the OTHM Level 5 Diploma in Education and Training qualification, learners must possess:
- Relevant NQF/QCF/RQF Level 4 Award/Diploma or equivalent recognised qualification
- Learner must be 18 years or older at the beginning of the course
- Mature learners (over 21) with management experience (learners must check with the delivery centre regarding this experience prior to registering for the programme)
- English requirements: If a learner is not from a majority English-speaking country must provide evidence of English language competency.
- Theories and Principles of Education and Training (20 credits)
- Lifelong Learning: Principles and Issues (20 credits)
- Resource Management in Education (20 credits)
- Develop and Evaluate Operational Plans for Own Area of Responsibility (20 credits)
- Provide Leadership and Direction for Own Area of Responsibility (20 credits)
- Professional Practice and Development in Education and Training (20 credits)
- The assessment is done via submission of assignment. There are no written exams.
- The programme is awarded OTHM - an awarding body by the UK Government’s regulator - OfQual.
HOW TO REGISTER/ ENROL?
To make an application to the course please email the below documents to email@example.com
- Complete Applications Form
- Previous qualifications
- Personal Statement
Or apply online
FEE STRUCTURE AND PAYMENT PLANS
- Contact us for the fees and the payment plan
Successful completion of the OTHM Level 5 Diploma in Education and Training qualification enables learners to progress into or within employment and/or continue their study towards a relevant Degree top-up programme with advanced standing at many universities in the UK and overseas.