OTHM Level 4 Diploma in Education and Training (RQF) / 120 credits
Qualification Number: 603/4246/8
The objective of the OTHM Level 4 Diploma in Education and Training qualification is to develop learners’ understanding of theory and practice relating to their role in education. The qualification will provide learners with an opportunity to engage with the challenges facing professionals and policy makers in their own country. It will provide knowledge that underpins the ability to work as an effective practitioner in the education sector. The units combine both theoretical and practical knowledge in the education profession and will develop and enhance knowledge and skills in the areas of effective performance, planning and accountability, development and team working. Learners will be able to work in a variety of roles within education administration and/or management.
OTHM qualifications at RQF Level 4 represent practical knowledge, skills, capabilities and competences that are assessed in academic terms as being equivalent to Higher National Certificates (HNC) and Year 1 of a three-year UK Bachelor’s degree programme.
The OTHM Level 4 Diploma in Education and Training qualification consists of 6 mandatory units for a combined total of 120 credits, 1200 hours Total Qualification Time (TQT) and 480 Guided Learning Hours (GLH) for the completed qualification.
- Qualification Title: OTHM Level 4 Diploma in Education and Training
- Ofqual Reference Number: 603/4246/8
- Course Start Date: January, April, June, September
- Total Credit Value: 120 credits
- Total Qualification Time (TQT): 1200 Hours
- Language of Assessment: English
- Overall Grading Type: Pass or Fail
- 6 to 9 month
- Full Time
- Block Delivery
- Flexible Distributed Learning
For entry onto the OTHM Level 4 Diploma in Education and Training qualification, learners must possess:
- Relevant NQF/QCF/RQF Level 3 Award/Diploma or equivalent recognised qualification
- English requirements: If a learner is not from a majority English-speaking country must provide evidence of English language competency.
- Principles, Theories and Practices of Education and Training (20 credits)
- Create Education and Training Programmes (20 credits)
- Engage Learners in the Education and Training Process (20 credits)
- Plan, Allocate and Monitor Work in Own Area of Responsibility (20 credits)
- Evaluate Education and Training Provision (20 credits)
- Reflect on and Maintain Own Skills and Practice in Education and Training (20 credits)
- The assessment is done via submission of assignment. There are no written exams.
- The programme is awarded OTHM - an awarding body by the UK Government’s regulator - OfQual.
HOW TO REGISTER/ ENROL?
To make an application to the course please email the below documents to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Complete Applications Form
- Previous qualifications
- Personal Statement
FEE STRUCTURE AND PAYMENT PLANS
- Contact us for the fees and the payment plan
Successful completion of OTHM Level 4 Diploma in Education and Training qualification provides learners with the opportunity for academic progressions to OTHM Level 5 Diploma in Education Training. As this qualification is approved and regulated by Ofqual (Office of the Qualifications and Examinations Regulation), learners are eligible to gain direct entry into Year 2 of a three-year UK Bachelor’s degree programme.