International Foundation Diploma main aim is to provide students with a high standard of tuition and administrative support. Our Foundation Programme is designed to prepare you for first year entry to undergraduate degree courses.
You receive personalised careers advice from specialist staff who help you apply for any university in the UK, Europe, USA and the rest of the world. Or continue to one of City College Oxford Degree Pathways..
Students can start the International Foundation Diploma online, then join us in person when they’re ready.
January, April, June, September
24 or 36 weeks (depending on English language level)
Maximum 8 students
IELTS 4.5 or our take NCC Education Standard English Placement Test (SEPT)
1 GCE ‘O’ Level passes; OR
NITEC or Higher NITEC; OR
An international qualification which is equivalent to secondary education.
English for IELTS and English for University Studies
choice of 6 academic subjects
Tuition and course books
Host family, private accommodation
Aims of Our Foundation Porgrammes
The aims of Foundation Programme are two-fold: academic and linguistic:
- to provide students with a qualification which enables them to enter a British university
- to develop students’ academic level to a standard acceptable for entry into a British university
- to expand students’ knowledge and understanding of their chosen field and develop their ability to apply this knowledge to a variety of situations
- to train students to study effectively in a British environment
- to improve students’ general English language ability to at least an IELTS band score of 6-6.5
- to train students to produce English essays/ assignments of an appropriate formal style and understand academic texts
- ELTS Writing: to develop your writing skills for task one and two and how to manage your time to complete your writing tasks on time.
- IELTS Reading: to develop your reading skills: scanning, and skimming.
- IELTS Speaking: to improve your spoken English your pronunciation and your confidence.
- IELTS Listening: to improve your skills in listening and convert sound into words.
To complete the qualification you must study and pass eight unit.
The qualification consists of the following six core units:
- Developing English Language Skills
- Advanced English Language Skills
- English for Academic Purposes
- Study and Communication Skills
- Culture Studies
- Foundation Mathematics
A further two units electives units:
- Introduction to Business
- Introduction to Accounting and Economics
- BA (Joint Honours) International Relations and Diplomacy
- BA (Hons) International Relations and Diplomacy
- LLB (Hons) Law
- LLB (Hons) Law with Criminology
- LLB (Hons) Law with Management
- And many other subjects in law, contact us for more information
Assessments and Examinations
- Assessments for all units will be offered in a number of assessment cycles throughout the year.
- The units are assessed by either examination or coursework assignments.
The qualification is taught face-to-face through lectures, tutorials and seminars at City College Oxford campus in Oxford our one of campuses abroad. Our Lessons are typically in blocks of 3-4 hour sessions.
NCC Education is regulated by Ofqual (Office of the Qualifications and Examinations Regulator) to award the Level 3 International Foundation Diploma for Higher Education Studies in England.