Level 4 & Level 5 (240 credits) Diploma in Tourism and Hospitality Management - University 1st and 2nd Year
The objective of the OTHM Level 4 and 5 Diploma in Tourism and Hospitality Management qualification is to support learners’ development as managers within the tourism and hospitality industry. The qualification enables learners to develop their knowledge of theories applicable to management in the tourism and hospitality industry. It enables learners to make well-informed and confident decisions about the management of work areas in the tourism and hospitality industry. Successful completion of the OTHM Level 4 and 5 Diploma in Tourism and Hospitality Management qualification will provide learners with the opportunity to progress to further study final year at one the UK universities.
The total number of modules for Level 4 & 5 Diploma in Tourism and Hospitality Management is 12 units. Each level consists of 6 mandatory units for a combined total of 120 credits, 1200 hours Total Qualification Time (TQT) and 480 Guided Learning Hours (GLH) for the completed qualification. Therefore students will complete total of 240 credits of their (360 credits) Bachelor’s Degree.
- Qualification Title: OTHM Level4 & 5 Diploma in Tourism and Hospitality Management
- Course Start Date: January, April, June, September
- Total Credit Value: 240 credits
- Total Qualification Time (TQT): 2400 Hours
- Language of Assessment: English
- Overall Grading Type: Pass or Fail
OTHM qualifications at RQF Level 4 & 5 represent practical knowledge, skills, capabilities and competences that are assessed in academic terms as being equivalent to Foundation Degrees, Higher National Certificate (HNC) /Higher National Diploma (HND) and Year 1 and Year 2 of a three-year UK Bachelor’s degree.
- 12 months
- Flexible Distributed Learning
- In class (face to face)
For entry onto the Level 4 & Level 5 (240 credits) Diploma in Tourism and Hospitality Management, learners must possess:
- Relevant NQF/QCF/RQF Level 3 Award/Diploma or equivalent recognised qualification
- Learner must be 18 years or older at the beginning of the course
- English requirements: If a learner is not from a majority English-speaking country must provide evidence of English language competency.
Level 4 Diploma in Tourism and Hospitality Management (120 credits) consists of 6 modules
- Tourism and Hospitality Business Management (20 credits)
- Services Marketing and Customer Service (20 credits)
- Accounting and Finance (20 credits)
- Academic and Professional Development (20 credits)
- Events Management (20 credits)
- Development of the Tourism and Hospitality Industry (20 credits)
Level 5 Diploma in Tourism and Hospitality Management (120 credits) consists of 6 modules
- Contemporary Issues in Tourism and Hospitality (20 credits)
- Marketing Management (20 credits)
- Customer Relations Management (20 credits)
- Operations Management (20 credits)
- Finance Management (20 credits)
- Human Resource Management (20 credits)
- The assessment is done via submission of assignment. There are no written exams.
- The programme is awarded OTHM - an awarding body by the UK Government’s regulator - OfQual.
FEE STRUCTURE AND PAYMENT PLANS
- Contact us for the fees and the payment plan
Successful completion of Level 4 & 5 Diploma in Tourism and Hospitality Management provides learners the opportunity for a wide range of academic progressions. As this qualification is approved and regulated by Ofqual (Office of the Qualifications and Examinations Regulation), learners are eligible to gain direct entry into Final year of a three-year UK Bachelor’s degree programme at a range of UK universities.
- BA (Honours) International Hospitality and Tourism Management (Top-up)
- BSc (Hons) International Hospitality Management (Top-up)
University of Sunderland
- BSc (Hons) International Tourism and Hospitality Management (Top-up)
Leeds Beckett University
- BSc (Hons) Travel Business Management (Top-up) - online
University of Portsmouth (Learning at Work)
- BA (Hons) Professional Studies (top-up) final year
University of Chichester
- BA (Hons) in Tourism and Hospitality Management (top-up) through London Graduate School
HOW TO REGISTER/ ENROL?
To make an application to the course please email the below documents to email@example.com
- Complete Applications Form
- Previous qualifications
- Personal Statement
Or apply online