What are IELTS Exam Preparation Courses?
We know that IELTS opens the door to many other courses in the UK for students who are not native English speakers. Our IELTS Preparation Courses provide the essential English skills and strategies required to take the IELTS exam with confidence.
We make sure that students get the opportunity to practice in the areas that need improvement because we understand that getting a good grade at IELTS is important to our students.
Our experienced English language teachers support students through this process, working closely to develop the skills required and prepare for IELTS examination success.
Many of the students taking our IELTS course plan to study at a UK universities. We have partnerships with many UK universities, including Oxford Brookes University, and our Academic team is always on hand to provide in-depth help and advice to students aiming to move on to Foundation, Undergraduate or Postgraduate courses.
Students must be at a minimum of CEFR level B1 to enroll in this course.
Classes in the mornings focus on the background skills required for exam success. As a result, you develop greater accuracy and fluency in the use of English.
Lessons incorporate the four skills — reading, writing, listening and speaking — as well as the building-blocks of the language — grammar and vocabulary.
Classes in the afternoons focus on practising the skills required for success in your chosen examination and include:
- examination strategies
- practice tests
- speaking and listening tasks
- tips from the examiners
Each week on the course will allow you to practice different techniques and strategies that all come together to form the IELTS exam, such as:
- How to manage your time
- Techniques and strategies to answer the different types of questions
- Practice to increase your speed and accuracy.
- What to do while listening to maximise your time
- How to answer the different questions
- Practice to increase your accuracy and confidence.
- What kind of topics and questions to expect
- How to answer unexpected questions
- Practice to build your confidence and fluency
- How to understand the different types of task
- How to plan your answer
- Practice to familiarise you with the tasks and time frames.
Mock practice tests will be run every week to build your confidence as well as improve time management.
For more information please contact us on: