Business English is the best way to advance in your career!
What are the benefits of learning business English?
Work in another country!
Learning English opens the door to careers all over the world. Plus it can help with your visa or residency.
Increase your earning potential
Use of Business English can help get a new job or a promotion.
It’s also highly desirable for many employers that operate internationally.
Widen your influence
Communicate effectively with everyone from colleagues
to new clients and business associates. Build trust and develop strong business relationships.
What City College Oxford can offer?
City College Oxford offers a range of courses providing flexible learning. We work with students who are already in employment as well as young people who are about to go into higher education or develop careers in business management or other professions.
In-Company Language Training Courses
We deliver English language training courses in different locations in the UK and our clients range from multinationals to small family firms and start-ups.
Our clients range from multinationals to small family firms. We have trained managers, salespeople, analysts, technicians, engineers, designers and many other professionals and service personnel.
We are proud of our success in delivering courses that meet specific business needs and our outstanding client satisfaction rate.
We identify, prioritise and deliver the English language skills [reading, writing, listening and speaking] and role-specific language that companies and their staff need to perform their role competently including:
- Designing dedicated courses to meet the needs of different companies and organisations
- Expert methods to meet different learning styles and needs
- Free-of-charge initial assessment and quotation
- Measurable results and graded achievement
- Group training and 1-to-1 courses
- Courses delivered in the College and in other locations
- Flexible hours from 2 - 40 hours per week
- Outstanding client satisfaction rate
Professional English Courses
Professional English courses are available to those who work in specific professions for example law, medicine, engineering and require technical language in addition to Business English.
We are proud to offer high quality Professional English programmes that are tailored to each individual. On our 1-to-1 courses students benefit from the undivided attention of the teacher, with continuous feedback and guidance. Courses are delivered in our Oxford College:
- 1-to-1 English courses for professionals
- Course programmes are designed for intensive learning
- Fast results from our effective 1-to-1 teaching methods
- Native-speakers who are qualified and experienced teachers
Speaking and Listening We advise and develop a personalised programme for individuals informed by discussion and assessment to address specific learning needs and help people increase their English language skills. This can include some or all of the following modules:
- Everyday business communications, telephone and teleconferencing
- Performance management and difficult conversations with employees
- Recruitment and selection, training, inductions, appraisals
Speaking Skills: Fluency; grammar and accuracy; accent reduction by mastering the correct pronunciation of problematic individual sounds, sound clusters and features of connected speech; phrasing, speed and volume; structural range; lexical range; turn –taking; reacting appropriately; checking understanding and repairing strategies.
Listening Skills: Developing ability to understand natural spoken English through targeted exposure to commercial and non-commercial contexts, possibly including rapid colloquial speech in a variety of accents and dialects; raising awareness of and ability to hear features of spoken English by working on features of fast connected speech.
Reading and Writing
- Presentations, reports, proposals
- Email, forms, letters, agenda, minutes, memos
- CVs, personal statements, job applications
- Social media posts, web pages, press releases, promotional materials
Writing Skills: introductions and conclusions; paragraphs; linking; reviewing and correction; complex sentence structures; punctuation; style and genre.
Reading Skills: Predicting; skimming and scanning; developing ability to read quickly;
Style: correct use of formal, semi-formal and colloquial registers
Understanding and using the key lexical building-blocks that are so essential to both everyday usage and for business English. We also teach important idioms "ready-made" phrases and structures that are used in business and particular professions , sectors and fields.