International Foundation Diploma main aim is to provide students with a high standard of tuition and administrative support. Our Foundation Programme is designed to prepare you for first year entry to undergraduate degree courses.
You receive personalised careers advice from specialist staff who help you apply for any university in the UK, Europe, USA and the rest of the world. Or continue to one of City College Oxford Degree Pathways..
Students can start the International Foundation Diploma online, then join us in person when they’re ready.
Pathways: Business/Accounting, Engineering/Computing, Law/Politics/International Relation, Healthcare and Social Science/Biomedical Science
Start Date: January, April, June, September, November
Length: 24 or 36 weeks (depending on English language level)
Class Size: Maximum 8 students
Mode of Study: Full time or Online
Aims of Our Foundation Porgrammes
The aims of Foundation Programme are two-fold: academic and linguistic:
- to provide students with a qualification which enables them to enter a British university
- to develop students’ academic level to a standard acceptable for entry into a British university
- to expand students’ knowledge and understanding of their chosen field and develop their ability to apply this knowledge to a variety of situations
- to train students to study effectively in a British environment
- to improve students’ general English language ability to at least an IELTS band score of 6-6.5
- to train students to produce English essays/ assignments of an appropriate formal style and understand academic texts
- ELTS Writing: to develop your writing skills for task one and two and how to manage your time to complete your writing tasks on time.
- IELTS Reading: to develop your reading skills: scanning, and skimming.
- IELTS Speaking: to improve your spoken English your pronunciation and your confidence.
- IELTS Listening: to improve your skills in listening and convert sound into words.
Our International Foundation Year is awarded by NCC education and we offer four pathways:
- Foundation in Business/Accounting
- Foundation in Law/Politics/International Relations
- Foundation in Engineering/Computing
- Healthcare and Social Science/Biomedical Science
To complete the qualification you must study and pass eight unit.
The qualification consists of the following six core units:
- Developing English Language Skills
- Advanced English Language Skills
- English for Academic Purposes
- Study and Communication Skills
- Culture Studies
- Foundation Mathematics
A further two units must be taken from from the electives units below:
- Introduction to Computer Science
- Introduction to Programming
- Introduction to Business
- Introduction to Accounting and Economics
- Further Mathematics
Assessments and Examinations
- Assessments for all units will be offered in a number of assessment cycles throughout the year.
- The units are assessed by either examination or coursework assignments.
The qualification is taught face-to-face through lectures, tutorials and seminars at City College Oxford campus in Oxford our one of campuses abroad. Our Lessons are typically in blocks of 3-4 hour sessions.
NCC Education is regulated by Ofqual (Office of the Qualifications and Examinations Regulator) to award the Level 3 International Foundation Diploma for Higher Education Studies in England.
Successful completion of our International Foundation Diploma allows students to directly apply to one of the following universities below
Anglia Ruskin University
Arts University Bournemouth
Birmingham City University
Canterbury Christ Church University
De Montfort University
Leicester Keele University
Kingston University London
Leeds Beckett University
Liverpool Hope University
Liverpool John Moores University
London Metropolitan University
Manchester Metropolitan University
Middlesex University London
Nottingham Trent University
Oxford Brookes University
Royal Holloway, University of London
Sheffield Hallam University
University of Northampton
University Centre Croydon
University for the Creative Arts
University of Central Lancashire
University of Essex
University of Exeter
University of Gloucestershire
University of Greenwich
University of Leeds
University of Leicester
University of Liverpool
University of London (International)
University of Nottingham
University of Plymouth
University of Sunderland
University of the West of England
University of Westminster
University of Worcester
University of York
How to apply:
- Complete our application on line
- Send your passport, school transcripts
- Send an official English test certificate or complete our language grading test (including a SKYPE interview)
- We assess your application and send you a confirmation letter and invoice
Students in Nigeria can get support from 16 plus school in Lagos.
For more information please contact us on: