This course equivalent to the first year of a degree, that provides you with a range of essential business and management skills to further your career opportunities in your chosen sector.
This course is for those who wish to pursue a career in, a wide range of business areas such as marketing, HR or finance etc. Besides being a stand-alone qualification this course is also for those students who wish to progress to the 2nd year of a university degree course or complete the HND component of a higher national qualification.
This is a one year course equivalent to the first year of a degree.
The HNC has 1,200 hours of Total qualification time. This is an estimate of the total time it could reasonably be expected for a learner to achieve a qualification. 40% or 480 hours of the allocated time (TQT) is spent at college in lecturers and workshops.
This is 15 hours per week, with half spent in lectures (taught lessons) and half in workshops. (Opportunities for research with lecturer support. The remaining 60% or 720 hours will be spent completing independent study. For example, completing assignment, working at home or in the LRC.
- Qualification Title: BTEC Level 4 HNC in Business (RQF)
- Course Start Date: January, April, June, September
- Total Credit Value: 120 credits
- Total Qualification Time (TQT): 1200 Hours
- Language of Assessment: English
- Overall Grading Type: Pass or Fail
- 9 month
- Full time
- Flexible Distributed Learning
For entry onto the BTEC Level 4 HNC in Business qualification, learners must possess:
- The minimum age to register for this programme is 18. Prospective students should note that the following entrance qualifications are required for those wishing to undertake this programme:
- A level (or equivalent) or
- Level 3 qualification (or equivalent) or
- Mature applicant with GCSE (or equivalent) and work experience and
- IELTS 5.5 or CEFR level B2 (if applicable)
These subjects will help students develop a broad knowledge and awareness of the key aspects of the business sector at Level 4, through six core units (mandatory), which includes one Pearson set unit.
- Business and the business environment (Assignment based)
- Marketing essentials (Assignment based)
- Human resource management (Assignment based)
- Management and operations (Assignment based)
- Management accounting (Assignment based)
- Managing a successful business project (Pearson Set assignment)
- Business law (Assignment based)
- Entrepreneurship and small business management. (Assignment based)
- The assessment is done via submission of assignment. There are no written exams.
- The programme is awarded edexcel - an awarding body by the UK Government’s regulator - OfQual.
HOW TO REGISTER/ ENROL?
To make an application to the course please email the below documents to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Complete Applications Form
- Previous qualifications
- Personal Statement
FEE STRUCTURE AND PAYMENT PLANS
- Contact us for the fees and the payment plan
Students who successfully completed Pearson BTEC Level 4 Higher National Certificate in Business qualification can progress onto Year 2 of our Level 5 Higher National Diploma in Business or Year 2 in Degree programme at many universities.
Many professional bodies also recognise the HNC for further professional study.
The skills offered as part of the BTEC Higher National Certificate can provide graduates with the opportunity to work in many different areas of the Business sector.
Jobs roles include: HR co-ordinator, marketing assistant, customer service assistant. Many of our students have gone into the banking sector at Barclays and Citibank.