Apr 04, 2020City College Oxford Pre Foundation programme
City College Oxford Pre Foundation programme
City College Oxford Pre Foundation Programme aims to provide students with a high standard of tuition and administrative support throughout their studies. Our Pre-University Foundation aim is to enable students develop the skills they need to progress to the University Foundation programme.
This is a focussed course designed for students who need additional English language and academic support. You will have the opportunity to study core subjects and projects related to the Foundation pathway you are looking to progress to. Our Pre Foundation programme provides comprehensive knowledge of three pathways business, engineering, sciences and law. The course consists taught over two/three terms, two/three modules per term. During this Pre Foundation you will study GCSE subject to get ready for the University Foundation.
City College Oxford Pre Foundation Academic aims
- to provide students with a qualification which enables them to enter a British university
- to develop students’ academic level to a standard acceptable for entry into a British university
- to expand students’ knowledge and understanding of their chosen field and develop their ability to apply this knowledge to a variety of situations
- to train students to study effectively in a British environment
- English is really spoken and convert sound into words.
The Pre Foundation Programme contains two core modules taken by all students throughout the whole duration of the course, English for Academic Purposes and Study Skills.
The Pre Foundation Programme contains three academic routes:
- Pre Foundation in Business/Accounting
- Pre Foundation in Law/International relations/Politics
- Pre Foundation in Engineering/Science